Assist in organizing and maintaining the Hill House museum for the general public. A caretaker will work together with the Executive Director and Curator to make the house presentable to visitors as well as help set up for BHS sponsored events.
- Assist in maintaining the Hill House by providing general cleaning, like dusting and sweeping along with occasional organizing of objects
- Help set up for BHS events located at the Hill House as needed
- Help prepare museum artifacts for display
- Opportunity to staff BHS events
- Caretakers are required to attend an orientation course at the BHS. Courses are regularly scheduled and will last approximately an hour.
- Caretakers will be supplied with information regarding the Hill House and its history and are encouraged to ask staff for help at any time. In addition, caretakers will be shown how to operate the digitized collection.
- Caretakers are asked to be available for at least one shift a week.
- Caretaker shift target length varies depending on duties, but is a max of three hours each.
- Shifts can be scheduled from Monday-Saturday, 10am to 4pm
- Location: Thomas A. Hill House
Qualifications and Skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about proper museum care
- Able to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Be comfortable on ladders
- The ability to lift 30lbs unassisted.
- Free admission to Thomas A. Hill House museum
- Access to the museum’s resources and collection as well as learning materials
- Free entrance to BHS events
- 15% discount on gift store purchases
- After 100 hours of service, a free one-year membership to Bangor Historical Society